The Ultimate Beach Packing List
Here is the ultimate beach packing list if you are heading to the beach and are scared to forget something. The Got Beach Team at Beachy Beach Real Estate is happy it’s summertime, and we want to help you enjoy your beach time as much as we do.
“When life gets rough I like to hold on to my dream
Of relaxing in the summer sun, just letting off steam” – Olaf, Frozen
Our favorite snowman is not the only one that is excited for summertime. We put together the ultimate beach packing list to help you enjoy every moment in the sand.
Ultimate Beach Packing List:
- A Tent – our favorite tent is an easy up, easy down tent that uses sand to hold it down. It goes up and breaks down very quickly and easily, and it also has a “wall” to provide extra shade. Here is the Link.
- A Baby Pool or Shower Curtain – if you have little ones, the waves can be a little daunting. Take a blowup baby pool and fill it with water. Or you can dig a small hole and put a shower curtain liner down and fill it with water. Don’t forget to fill in all the holes you dig!!
- Trash bags – “Leave no trace.” Bring a trash bag or grocery store bag to throw things away.
- Portable fan – if the sea breeze is on the low side, a portable fan can be your best friend.
- Cooler with frozen water bottles – they double as ice packs, and you can drink them when they melt. Stay hydrated, friends!
- Snacks – everyone has their favorite snacks. One of ours is frozen grapes (wash and store in the freezer. As they thaw, they’re a yummy treat!) Trail mix, chips, Cheetos, watermelon, beef jerky, berries, and sandwiches are some other favorites. What are your favorite beachy snacks?
- Hand sanitizer and baby wipes – there’s nothing worse than reaching for a snack with sandy fingers. Bring some baby wipes to wipe the sand away.
- Sunscreen, sunscreen, sunscreen – bring a makeup brush to help put sunscreen on little ones. Sun hats, sunglasses, and long sleeve rash guards/swimsuits are great to have lots of fun in the sun safely.
- Toys – of course, buckets, shovels, and all things needed for sandcastle building are great. Another easy option is to bring a few bath toys. They are generally a little more affordable, and they hold up well in water.
- Baby bottles – the coolest baby bottle we have found stores the formula and water in one bottle. When it’s time to eat, you shake the bottle up. Presto! Lunch is served. No stressing over getting sand in the baby bottles.
Know and respect the flags! If there are double red flags flying, the water is CLOSED TO SWIMMERS. This is to keep you and someone who will try to save you safe. The water is definitely a great source of fun. But even on the calmest of days, a healthy fear of the Gulf is necessary. Learn what a rip current looks like and what to do if caught in one.
We hope this ultimate beach packing list is helpful. While the beach is obviously the most popular during the summer, it is wonderful to enjoy it all year. If you would like to make this beautiful place your home or your second home, give the Got Beach Team at Beachy Beach Real Estate a call.