Seller Tip: Create a Cozy Environment
Listen up, sellers! To create a cozy environment to sell your home quickly, we would like to offer some advice. Houses are flying off the market right now. There are a lot of factors that go into this including pricing correctly and professional photos. You want to make sure your home is clean, decluttered, and ready for potential buyers to see. Here are some tips to preparing your home to put it on the market and to sell it quickly.
Create a Cozy Environment:
- Open all the blinds and curtains. Let all the natural light in.
- Set the thermostat to 72.
- Turn on all the lights.
- Add scentsy/air freshener.
- Keep dirty dishes out of the sink.
- If you have kids, get a decorative box or bin to keep their toys out of sight.
- Hide all pet bowls and toys.
Declutter, Declutter, Declutter
- Pack away all family photos, knickknacks, and collections.
- Remove all distractions. Highlight your home – not your stuff.
- This includes outside too. Get rid of any broken patio furniture or clutter.
- You’ll be moving soon anyway! Pack away anything you don’t need and hide the boxes in the garage or closet.
- Take all magnets, wedding invites, and birthday cards off the refrigerator.
Yes. They’ll look.
- Organize the cabinets.
- Make the drawers look pretty.
- Tidy up all the closets.
- Assume that potential buyers will look everywhere… because they will look everywhere.
Bottom line: depersonalize your home as best as you can – as counterintuitive as that may seem to create a cozy environment. Potential buyers want to picture themselves drinking coffee on the back porch, curling up with a book in the Florida room, and enjoying movie nights in the living room. It’s a little difficult to do this when they are distracted by clutter and collections. Yes, it is more work on you, but it is so worth it.
For more information, please contact us!