Prep Your Home for the Holidays
There’s no place like home for the holidays! It’s the most wonderful time of the year, and it is time to Prep Your Home for the Holidays. It is the hap-hap-happiest season of all, and the Got Beach Team at Beachy Beach Real Estate wants to help you enjoy this time of year. Here are twelve tips and tricks to help you prep your home for the holidays.
- Baby it’s cold outside! Caulk and seal all your windows and doors. Make sure your attic is properly insulated and ventilated.
- Chestnuts roasting, turkey cooking, stockings hung by the fire. Check your smoke & carbon monoxide detectors and have a fire extinguisher handy.
- “To the top of the porch! to the top of the wall! Now dash away! dash away! dash away all!” Clean up your yard for Christmas Carolers Come A-Caroling. Clear off all porches, patios, and decks. Pressure wash and seal all outdoor areas.
- Have your chimney and fireplace cleaned and inspected for Santa to come down with lots of toys.
- Double check with your insurance agent to make sure your insurance covers all the holiday shenanigans that could possibly go wrong including tree fires, reindeer on the roof, and any version of a Home Alone trap.
- Hire a Christmas Elf to service the heater before it gets too cold. Replace your air filters and make sure vents are clean and clear.
- When Jack Frost starts nipping on your nose, double-check on all the candles and space heaters to clear them of fire hazards.
- “Haul out the holly. Put up the tree before my spirit falls again.” Then patch holes in the walls from hanging the Christmas decorations. A coat of paint will brighten any room instantly.
- Pipes need scarves and mittens too. Insulate exposed pipes to prevent them from freezing.
- “Up on the housetop reindeer pause.” Replace the shingles on the roof that the reindeer might have knocked off.
- Clear out your gutters to prevent water infiltration and foundation deterioration.
- Get your pets ready for Santa Paws. Make sure your pets are taken care of during the chilly evenings. And don’t forget to get them a sweet Christmas treat.
“If you want to be happy in a million ways, For the holidays, You can’t beat home, sweet home.” We hope this list to prep your home for the holidays is helpful. Have a holly jolly Christmas season!
Contact the Got Beach Team for More Info:
Kelli Sullivan & Renata Murphree
The Got Beach Team at Beachy Beach Real Estate
Kelli: (850) 819-8246 | [email protected]
Renata: (850) 527-3923 | [email protected]
More Like This: