Memorial Day Weekend in PCB Fun & Facts
To all those who have served, we THANK YOU!
We are so excited to celebrate Memorial Day Weekend in PCB!! We hope you have a fun and safe weekend!
Interesting Facts about Memorial Day:
- The purpose of Memorial Day is to remember those who have died in service of the United States of America.
- Memorial Day was originally called Decoration Day following the Civil War when General John Logan proclaimed an order to decorate the graves of fallen soldiers with flowers.
- The National Moment of Remembrance asks all Americans at 3PM local time, “To voluntarily and informally observe in their own way a Moment of remembrance and respect, pausing from whatever they are doing for a moment of silence or listening to ‘Taps.’”
- In 1968, Congress passed the Uniform Monday Holiday Act declaring Memorial Day to be a federal holiday and establishing Memorial Day as the last Monday in May in order to create a three-day weekend for federal employees. The change went into effect in 1971.
- The Poppy became a symbol of Memorial Day after a young woman, Moina Michael wrote a poem during World War I in response to the “Flanders Fields” poem.
Weather Forecast for Memorial Day Weekend in PCB from our friends at WJHG:
Fun Things to Do in PCB Rain or Shine!
- St. Andrews
- Shell Island
- Shipwreck Island
- Gayle’s Trails
- Dolphin Tours
- Gulf World
- Zoo World
- Rent a Jet Ski
- Shop Local
- Local Restaurants
- Visit the Winery
- Escape Room
- Rocket Lanes
- Mirror Maze
OR You can buy or sell real estate with the Got Beach Team at Beachy Beach Real Estate!! Go to gotbeach.com
While you enjoy your Memorial Day Weekend in PCB, please remember why we celebrate.
For our heroes past and present, we thank you. Your courage, sacrifice, and strength do not go unnoticed. We owe you and your family a debt that can never be repaid. Freedom is not free.